Here it finally is!
The Rusty Animator Podcast is now live. Not long ago the podcast was just one of the many ideas I had for the website. Ever since I’ve been itching to kick things off. Joseph Holmark made that happen by being our first guest.
Joseph is a awesome animator (who would never admit so) that recently wrapped up on Rio 2 at Blue Sky Studios. He’s been on the fast track chasing down dreams – as a really young guy that was a student only a few years ago.
Actually, together we graduated Animation Mentor class #23 and got our first animation jobs together in Singapore at One Animation. Today Joseph’s aiming for Disney and knowing him – its only a matter of time.
If you enjoyed the show and you found it helpful –Please leave a review on iTunes
I will read ALL the feedback – it will keep this alive.
Highlights from the show.
- 03:30 – Hindsight on your art
- 04:00 – How Animation came into Josephs life
- 10:20 – Most difficult thing to learn
- 15:12 – The ideal mindset of Experimentation
- 19:00 – Demotivation vs Staying Hungry
- 24:36 – Current Student Problems
- 32:30 – Transitioning from School to First Job
- 36:00 – Surprising yourself
- 36:30 – OnAnimation to Blue Sky Story
- 40:00 – Courageously adjusting to Rio 2
- 49:46 – 2 Hr Anim Challenge
- 51:37 – Using the challenge to develop your story telling faster
- 53:30 – Animation Quicksand – Polishing a Turd
- 54:39 – Workflow and Shot Progression
- 1:01:20 – Full Circle back to Motivation
Links from the Episode
- Josephs Site and Demo Reel: Holmark Animation
- Animation Challenge: 2 Hr Animation Challenge
- On Animation Blog: On Animation & the Artist Ability Graph
Oddbods Shot Progression (Change from v02 -v07.mov)
What would you like covered in the next episode? Anything we should try out and let you know? Just leave a comment below!